Introduction to Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery
"Lithium iron phosphate battery" refers to a lithium ion battery that uses lithium iron phosphate as the positive electrode material. The cathode materials of lithium-ion batteries mainly include lithium cobaltate, lithium manganate, lithium nickelate, ternary materials, lithium iron phosphate and so on. Among them, lithium cobalt oxide is currently the cathode material used in most lithium-ion batteries.
The advantages of lithium iron phosphate batteries
1. The lithium iron phosphate battery has a long life, with a cycle life of more than 2000 times. Under the same conditions, lithium iron phosphate batteries can be used for 7 to 8 years.
2, safe to use. Lithium iron phosphate batteries have undergone strict safety tests and will not explode even in traffic accidents.
3. Fast charging. Using a dedicated charger, the battery can be fully charged after 40 minutes of charging at 1.5C.
4. The lithium iron phosphate battery is resistant to high temperatures, and the hot air value of the lithium iron phosphate battery can reach 350 to 500 degrees Celsius.
5. The capacity of lithium iron phosphate battery is large.
6. Lithium iron phosphate battery has no memory effect.
7. Lithium iron phosphate battery is environmentally friendly, non-toxic, non-polluting, has a wide range of raw materials and is cheap.
Disadvantages of lithium iron phosphate battery
1. The tap density of the positive electrode of lithium iron phosphate battery is small, and the density is generally about 0.8 to 1.3. huge size.
2. Poor conductivity, slow diffusion of lithium ions, and low actual specific capacity during high charge and discharge.
3. The low-temperature performance of lithium iron phosphate batteries is poor.
4. The life of a single battery of lithium iron phosphate battery is long, about 2000 times, but the life of lithium iron phosphate battery pack is short, generally about 500 times.
Application areas of lithium iron phosphate batteries
Large electric vehicles: buses, electric vehicles, tourist attractions and hybrid vehicles, etc.;
Light electric vehicles: electric bicycles, golf carts, small flat battery carts, forklifts, cleaning vehicles, electric wheelchairs, etc.;
Power tools: electric drills, electric saws, lawn mowers, etc.;
Remote control cars, boats, airplanes and other toys;
Energy storage equipment for solar and wind power generation;
UPS and emergency lights, warning lights and miner's lamps (the best safety);
Replace the 3V disposable lithium battery in the camera and the 9V nickel-cadmium or nickel-metal hydride rechargeable battery (the same size);
Small medical equipment and portable equipment, etc.
Introduction to Lithium Battery
Lithium battery is a type of battery that uses lithium metal or lithium alloy as the negative electrode material and uses a non-aqueous electrolyte solution. Due to the very active chemical properties of lithium metal, the processing, storage and use of lithium metal have very high environmental requirements. Therefore, lithium batteries have not been used for a long time. With the development of science and technology, lithium batteries have now become the mainstream.
The advantages of lithium batteries
1. The energy is relatively high. With high storage energy density, it has reached 460-600Wh/kg, which is about 6-7 times that of lead-acid batteries;
2. The service life is long, and the service life can reach more than 6 years. The battery with lithium iron phosphate as the positive electrode is charged and discharged at 1C (100% DOD), and has a record that can be used 10,000 times;
3. The rated voltage is high (the single working voltage is 3.7V or 3.2V), which is approximately equal to the series voltage of 3 nickel-cadmium or nickel-metal hydride rechargeable batteries, which is convenient to form a battery power pack; lithium batteries can be adjusted by a new type of lithium battery Voltage regulator technology, adjust the voltage to 3.0V to suit the use of small appliances;
4. It has high power tolerance, among which the lithium iron phosphate lithium ion battery used in electric vehicles can reach 15-30C charge and discharge capacity, which is convenient for high-intensity start-up acceleration;
5. The self-discharge rate is very low. This is one of the most prominent advantages of the battery. Generally, it can be less than 1%/month, which is less than 1/20 of the nickel-hydrogen battery;
6, light weight, the weight is about 1/6-1/5 of the lead-acid product under the same volume;
7. Strong high and low temperature adaptability, it can be used in the environment of -20℃--60℃, after the process treatment, it can be used in the environment of -45℃;
8. Green and environmental protection, regardless of production, use or scrap, it does not contain or produce any toxic and harmful heavy metal elements and substances such as lead, mercury, cadmium, etc.
9. Production basically does not consume water, which is very beneficial to our water-scarce country. Specific energy refers to the energy per unit weight or unit volume. Specific energy is expressed in Wh/kg or Wh/L. Wh is the unit of energy, W is watt, h is hour; kg is kilogram (weight unit), L is liter (volume unit).
Disadvantages of lithium batteries
1. All lithium primary batteries have poor safety and may explode.
2. The lithium-ion battery of lithium cobalt oxide cannot be discharged at a high current, is expensive, and has poor safety.
3, Li-ion batteries need to protect the circuit to prevent the battery from being overcharged and over-discharged.
4. High production requirements and high cost.
5. There are restrictions on the use conditions, and the use of high and low temperature is dangerous.
Application areas of lithium batteries
One, traffic power supply
2. Electric energy storage power supply
Three, mobile communication power supply
Fourth, new energy storage power electricity
5. Aerospace military power supply
The difference between lithium iron phosphate battery and lithium battery, lithium iron phosphate battery and lithium battery are different.
1. Lithium iron phosphate batteries are used to make lithium-ion secondary batteries. Now the main direction is power batteries, which have great advantages over NI-H and Ni-Cd batteries.
2. Lithium batteries are batteries that use lithium metal or lithium alloy as the positive electrode material and use a non-aqueous electrolyte solution. The chemical properties of lithium metal are very active, which makes the processing, storage and use of lithium metal very demanding on the environment.
3. Lithium iron phosphate puncture does not cause fire or explosion, lithium battery will.
4. Lithium iron phosphate will not catch fire or explode if it is overcharged to 100%; the lithium battery will gas out and swell when it reaches the specified value.