We provide polymer lithium battery production, development, customization, and may assist you in packaging to meet various application scenarios, high-quality and fast delivery.
Polymer lithium-ion battery: The electrolyte is in gel state or solid state. Because the packaging material used in polymer lithium-ion batteries is basically aluminum-plastic film (soft pack), the packaging material used in liquid lithium-ion batteries is metal steel shell or aluminum shell. Therefore, there is a misunderstanding in the current market that soft-packaged lithium batteries are polymer lithium batteries. In fact, most domestic manufacturers’ soft-package batteries still use liquid electrolytes, which are not polymer lithium batteries. They are really polymer lithium batteries. There are not many manufacturers.
Polymer lithium-ion batteries are also called lithium polymer batteries, and people are habitually referred to as polymer batteries for short. If you compare the difference between lithium polymer batteries and lithium batteries in a broad and narrow sense, then the only thing is the relationship between species and genus concepts. Lithium polymer batteries are included in lithium batteries. Therefore, what is of more significance is the comparison on the narrow level: that is, the comparison between polymer batteries and liquid lithium-ion batteries. Based on this, the following uses lithium batteries to refer to liquid lithium-ion batteries.
1. Lithium polymer battery material: The fundamental difference is the raw material, which is the total source of the different performance of the two. Polymer battery refers to the use of polymer materials in at least one of the three major components: positive electrode, negative electrode or electrolyte. Macromolecule means high molecular weight, and the corresponding concept is small molecule. Macromolecule has high strength, high toughness and high elasticity. The polymer materials currently developed for polymer batteries are mainly used for positive electrodes and electrolytes. ①In addition to the inorganic compound of the lithium battery, the positive electrode material of the polymer battery can also use the conductive polymer; ②The electrolyte of the polymer battery includes the polymer electrolyte (solid or colloidal) and organic electrolyte, and the lithium battery uses the electrolyte. (Liquid or colloid)
2. Lithium polymer battery form: In terms of shaping, polymer batteries can be thinned, arbitrarily shaped, and arbitrarily shaped. The reason is that the electrolyte can be solid or colloidal rather than liquid, while lithium batteries use electrolyte , A sturdy casing is needed as a secondary package to contain the electrolyte. Therefore, this also makes the lithium battery add a part of the weight.
3. In terms of safety of lithium polymer batteries: most of the current polymers are soft pack batteries, using aluminum plastic film as the outer shell. When organic electrolytes are used inside, they will not explode even if the liquid is hot, because aluminum plastic film polymer batteries use Solid or colloidal state without leakage, but spontaneous rupture. But nothing is absolute. If the instantaneous current is large enough and a short circuit occurs, it is not impossible for the battery to spontaneously ignite or burst. The safety accidents of mobile phones and tablet computers are mostly caused by this situation.
4. Lithium polymer battery cell voltage: Because polymer batteries use polymer materials, they can be made into a multilayer combination in the cell to achieve high voltage, and the nominal capacity of lithium battery cells is 3.6V, if you want to use it in practice In order to reach high voltage, multiple cells need to be connected in series to form an ideal high-voltage working platform. If you compare polymer batteries and lithium batteries with the above characteristics, the conclusion is certain. However, the application of lithium batteries still dominates the market, which shows that lithium batteries also have relative advantages. We will continue to compare.
5. The conductivity of lithium polymer batteries: The solid electrolyte of polymer batteries has low ionic conductivity. At present, some additives are mainly added to make it into a gel electrolyte to improve the conductivity. This also only increases the ionic conductivity, unlike the conductivity of the lithium battery to maintain a stable value, and will not be affected by the quality of the auxiliary materials.
6. Lithium polymer battery capacity: The capacity of polymer batteries has not been effectively improved, and it has been reduced compared with standard capacity lithium batteries.
7. Lithium polymer battery manufacturing process: the thinner the polymer battery, the better the production, the thicker the lithium battery, the better the production, which makes the application of lithium batteries more expandable.
8. Lithium polymer battery price: This is the key factor that determines the market capacity of the two. At present, the price of polymer batteries on the market is generally higher than that of lithium batteries, which affects the market capacity of the two. The ratio of the former to the latter is 1 :9.